Saturday, October 30, 2010

Best Ever Halloween

I love Halloween, It's my favorite Holiday. Last Halloween was not the greatest, but this year made up for it. I found Kira's Halloween costume early. I was out shopping and found the lamb costume and HAD to get it. That evening when Kira and I got home I put her in it. She was giving me the look of "Mom, Do we have to this NOW?" but I still got it on her.
We also got these great pumpkin accessories. My mom, Cassidy and I put them into the Pumpkins, and Kira took them back out and loved it.
On the Saturday Before Halloween, Kira and I went to the Mall to trick or treat. It was Crazy, there were so many people. We got there right at 11:00 which was perfect timing. Kira didn't really understand the whole idea, but she would walk up to people and hold up her Candy basket and look at the treat once they put it in her bag. I would try to get her to say thank you which she did half the time.
Kira and I, Lil Bo Peep and her Lamb.
My Little Lamb.

Later on that Day I had a Halloween Party at my House. A whole group of friends came, it was a great time. We colored Pictures and Pumpkins. Made a cute foam Pumpkin Picture Frame. Had treats and it was just perfect.

I do have this funny story though. I made eyeballs out of donut holes and turned the chip dip green and I also made dirt cups with worms in them, which is just chocolate pudding and crumbled Oreos with gummy worms. Kenny, Jen and Tom's eldest son took one look at them and decided he wasn't going to eat it. He asked me if it was real and I explained that no it was just chocolate, he didn't believe me. So I took a bite to show him that it was safe and he still wasn't so sure it wasn't real dirt. It took both Jen and I about five more minutes to convince him it was good. Next year I won't make it quite so believable.
Everyone was busy with their projects.
Carlos and LeeAnne
Alyse
Kira
LeeAnne and Lucas
Eve
Cute little group. Makenna (Piglet) Alyse (frog) Kira (Lamb) Eve (Pirate) and Lucas (Lion).

After the Party, I tried to go to the Trunk or Treat. I was about 15 minutes late and that was way too late, by the time I got there it was over and people were driving away. Too bad, but Kira had plenty of Candy anyways.

So we made the rounds, to Grandparents house.
Grandma Julie, Grandpa Brent and Kira
Me, Kira and Maria
Great Grandma Arlene and Kira
Great Grandpa Max and Great Grandma Arlene and Kira
Kira and Kade Playing in the back yard.

We later, went out to dinner with Grandma Dana and Papa Dennis, by the time we got to bed were both beat but it was a good day none the less.
Kira and Grandma!
Kira and the Fam!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we got to go to your Halloween party! Carlitos had a great time with Kenny Charlie and Max, and I really enjoyed visiting you :) Kira was absolutely adorable as a lamb, and I love your Bo Peep costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caught up on blogs and I love all the pictures (especially the bff post, the girls have gotten so big!) Thanks for being such a great friend, I missed our walk today:(

    ReplyDelete