Saturday, August 29, 2009

D-Day

Well today is my oficial due date and no baby. I am not surprised, I planned on being late ever since I found out I am pregnant. I am still bummed about it though. I would much rather have her out than in and I am sure she feels the same way. I suppose I am not desperate enough to have out yet, cause I have not resorted to all the weird things people have been telling me to do. I did not know there were so many theories on how to induce labor, but apparently there are. For those that don't know... There are pressure points on hand and ankle that you should press (good excuse for a foot and hand massage), bumpy car rides (I would get car sick), jumping on a trampoline(ouch), Walking (Waddling in my Case) and my personal favorite drinking Caster Oil (YUCK).There are a few that seem reasonable but whoever came up with the Caster Oil one was obviously a little to desperate as far as I'm concerned. My doctor said that if I don't have Kira by Thursday they will consider inducing me on that Friday or the following Tuesday. If that happens then I might as well wait until then so that she can be born on 9-9-09 which if it worked out would be a cool birthday, but I am not holding my breath.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, due date come and gone... At least you're not desperate enough to resort to Castor Oil :) Sorry I never did drop by yesterday... I ended up helping some friends move out of their apartment, and just sort of ran out of time :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cousin of mine tried Castor Oil with one of her pregnancies, and rather than send her to Labor & Delivery, it sent her straight to the bathroom for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete